Senior Financial/Fibre Administrator
Located in beautiful Fort St. James, BC where outdoor recreation (such as water sports, fishing, biking, hiking, hunting, skiing and more) is in abundance and where home prices are affordable, BioNorth Energy is looking for Senior Financial/Fibre Administrator to join the team.
BioNorth Energy, formerly the Veolia Fort St. James Green Energy Project, is a joint-venture partnership between the Arrow Group of Companies (Arrow), the Nak’azdli Development Corporation (NDC), the economic development arm of the Nak’azdli First Nation (Nak’azdli), and low-carbon infrastructure developer, Nexus PMG (Nexus).
The Energy Plant is a 40-megawatt biomass power generation facility which began commercial operation in late 2017, under a 30-year electricity purchase agreement (EPA) with BC Hydro.
Making use of forest biomass, such as biologs, wood waste and hog fuel to make electricity is a way for the Province to meet the energy objectives of its CleanBC plan and shift BC to a lower carbon economy. By combining the knowledge and complimentary skillsets of Arrow, the NDC and Nak’azdli, and Nexus PMG, we are ideally positioned to turn the plant into a successful energy producing facility.
- Competitive Compensation
- Full extended medical benefits for you and your dependents/family
- Pension matching program (up to 4.5%)
- We promote from within! A career with a growing company.
- The ability to make your mark and affect change
- Reimbursement for relocation expenses provided
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Senior Financial/Fibre Administrator’s principal role is to update, create, review, audit, analyze and optimize all financial processes, documentation and reporting of inventory and payable streams for the Division. The Senior Financial Administrator also ensures all information is reported accurately and appropriately in Arrow and customer systems as it relates to all activities at the plant. This role ensures processes are followed and items completed in Arrow’s various software applications on an ongoing basis and as per accounting cycle deadlines. The Senior Financial/Fibre Administrator may also be responsible for reception, office management and general office duties.
- Ensure all information pertaining to Payables are audited and reflect accurately.
- Perform comprehensive reconciliations of accounts including insurance claims, pension, health & welfare, and union dues.
- In conjunction with the Director, ensure that documented Incident claims are entered in appropriate software and managed.
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable, receivable, payroll, purchase orders, invoices, and petty cash transactions in the appropriate computer systems.
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements, and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems.
- Ensure full compliance with safety policy and procedures. When required bring potential safety compliance gaps to the attention of the Director.
- Follow all workplace safety policies and compliance regulations participate in identifying hazards.
- Comply with all rules and regulations, protocols and established metrics.
- Prepare analysis and/or reports as required by Director, internal, and/or external customers.
- Ensure all HR/Hiring and related paperwork is completed and filed.
- Ensure all files are organized and maintained and all office processes are streamlined for most efficient and effective operation.
- Order office supplies, service office equipment and arrange for servicing in the case of major repairs.
- Provide internal and external Customer Service excellence.
- Perform clerical duties such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Respond to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person.
- Provide general information to customers and the public.
- May be asked to get involved in operations administration and lower level operating duties when required by Manager.
- Ensure all load tickets from the scales are accurately reflected in the respective system and balanced regularly with the suppliers.
- Ensure all information pertaining to payables including semi-monthly hog supply payments are audited and reflect accurately.
- Responsible for fuel card allocation and timely tracking of fuel usage.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Solid understanding of and previous experience with the accounting cycle i.e. Accounts Payable, accounts receivable and payroll, month end and year end processes
- Relevant post-secondary courses, diploma or degree is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and ability to quickly learn new computer applications i.e. Arrow custom applications, Office 365, etc..
- Excellent alphanumeric typing skills
- Strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Quality oriented with a strong concern for the accuracy of work
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Good work ethic and positive team attitude
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Safety mindset
- Problem solving ability
- Proven Initiative
- Responsible, accountable and dependable
- Ethics and integrity
- Professional appearance/demeanor whether in person, via email or on the telephone.